Spirit Airlines is the seventh largest airline in the U.S. by passengers carried. It is an ultra-low-cost carrier that takes cost mitigation very, very seriously. Spirit tries to offer the very lowest ticket prices to every destination it serves. Spirit Airlines offers 400 flights every day to 60 destinations in the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America. The airline is not a member of any airline alliances and has no partner airlines, but travelers can earn and use Free Spirit miles with a variety of Spirit’s non-aviation partners. Spirit Airlines isn’t incredibly highly rated by staff, however, the young airline is lauded by its employees for its great flight benefits. Spirit has the youngest fleet of any major U.S airline.
- Year Founded: 1993
- CEO: Robert Fornaro
- Airline Type: Ultra-low-fare carrier
- Headquarters: Miramar, Florida
- Size: Seventh largestS. airline based on passengers carried
- Hub: Fort Lauderdale
- Number of Employees (2017): 7,000
- Destinations served: 60
- Passenger enplanement (2017): 24 million
- Airbus A319
- Airbus A320
- Airbus A321
Spirit Flight Attendant Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be at least 5’0 (without shoes).
- Must be able to lift 50lbs from floor to shoulder level, ability to reach aircraft overhead bins and storage areas.
- Must have valid passports/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and to all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- At least 2 years of experience in the Guest Service, Hospitality and/or Sales/Merchandising industry.
- Must be dependable, energetic, outgoing, a team player, and demonstrate leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to relocate to a base assignment at your own expense in any current or future crew bases.
- Required to attend and successfully complete a 4-week Initial Flight Attendant training held in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Ability to work flexible hours, days and holidays.
- Ability to work in close quarters with service animals as well as all snack items, including but not limited to peanuts.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Must be proficient in the English language; bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must maintain a polished, professional and conservative appearance at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED required, College degree preferred.
- Driver’s license is preferred.
To learn more about becoming a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines go here.