Frontier Airlines is an ultra-low-cost U.S. airline that offers “Low Fares Done Right”. The airlines business model is designed to allow more people to travel more often to more places. Frontier Airlines is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and serves more than 80 destinations in the United States, Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Frontier isn’t an official member of any of the airline alliances, but it does allow its travelers to earn and use miles with several hotels, car rental companies and other non-aviation partners.
- Year Founded: 1994
- CEO: Barry L. Biffle
- Airline Type: Ultra-low-fare U.S carrier
- Headquarters: Denver, Colorado
- Size: Eight largest U.S. airline by passengers carried
- Hub: Denver
- Number of Employees (2018): 3,000
- Destinations served: 80+
- Passenger enplanement (2017): 16 million
- Airbus A319
- Airbus A320
- Airbus A321
The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) represents the flight attendants who work for Frontier Airlines. Frontier flight attendants overwhelmingly voted to unionize and join AFA on May 21, 2010. The flight attendants ratified their first contract with Frontier in 2011. The contract included a variety of job security protections, including a comprehensive discipline and grievance process to ensure the fair treatment of flight attendants. It also ensured that flight attendants would participate in the success of the company through, among other things, equity participation and a profit sharing program.
The union and Frontier are currently in negotiations for a new labor contract. Negotiations began in November 2015, and continue with the oversight of the National Mediation Board. In these negotiations, the union is seeking recognition for flight attendants’ role in the company’s considerable growth and success in the form of better wages and greater participation in the company’s profits.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 20 years old when applying
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity from hire date
- Willingness to relocate: Frontier bases are Denver, CO; Las Vegas, NV; Orlando, FL; Chicago IL & the Trenton/Philadelphia area.
- Tattoos cannot exist in these areas: Shoulders to fingertips, neck or chest areas, behind ears, mid thigh to toes (women).
No multiple piercings.
- Must be able to fasten a four point jump seat harness without the use of extension devices
To learn more about becoming a flight attendant at Frontier Airlines go here.